Friday, March 28, 2008

Pulses racing at New York Times over Basra violence: we may just lose this thing yet

I have a new piece up at Pajamas Media on the New York Times' take on the violence in Basra:

“I watch the news with my family, and I see that Maliki is fighting the innocent people in Basra,” said Muhammad, 12. “I don’t understand it all, but it looks bad to me.”

So ends today's New York Times report on the violence currently raging in Basra and other parts of Iraq. And it's an appropriate quote for the Times to use, because Muhammad's sentiments neatly sum up its own attitude to this new outbreak of fighting: “We don’t understand it all, but it looks bad to us.”

You can read the rest of the article
here.

1 comment:

Armchair Sceptic said...

The media, as usual, is talking a load of Shiite.