Thursday, September 13, 2007

Always the last to know

That Anderson Cooper sure can sniff out a story. Headline on CNN.com:

Sunni insurgents side with U.S. against al Qaeda

Sunnis! Cooperating! With the Americans! Who’d have thunk it? If only General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker had read this story before testifying to Congress, they might have been able to put a more positive spin on things!

Welcome to 2007 guys. I guess this is what happens when you spend all your time hunkered over wire feeds and TVs in Baghdad, waiting for news of the next car bomb.

Up next: Allies closing in on Berlin.

UPDATE: Thanks to Ace of Spades for linking. As I keep saying every time I get linked, I've only been doing this for a few weeks, so while you're here have a quick look around and see what you think. I have a theory about what Israel's up to with that air strike, and I called the media for their Tet offensive against General Petraeus. Most of all, I hope you'll read my mission statement.

No comments: